Monday, April 9, 2012

One week till the Boston Marathon

After over five months of training, a stress fracture and recovery, there is now just a week left until my first marathon. With such a cut back on my training I feel like I'm just waiting for Monday to arrive. I've put in a lot of hours, a lot of hard work and a lot of mental and physical energy. I feel prepared but I also feel anxious, just wanting the day to be here already! I'm reminded of my favorite quote from one of my favorite books: "First with the head, then with the heart." Mentally I have prepared, a week from today my heart has to take over everything that my head has done.

I can't wait to get those pre-race adrenaline jitters. I can't wait to hear the sounds of the crowds. I can't wait to pass all of those historic Boston landmarks. I can't wait till the moment I'm able to say "I just ran the Boston Marathon!"

I'm eating a lot of brown rice with fruits and vegetables this week - burrito bowls being my favorite with with a combination of brown rice, black beans, roasted sweet potato, kale, salsa, and avocado. I'm also drinking a lot of water this week, including coconut water and trying to get a full 8 hours of sleep every night so that I am hydrated and rested going into the weekend.

My goal this week is to take care of myself. My goal a week from today is to run a marathon!



P.S. I'm still fundraising so if you are a friend who reads this then please consider donating! Go to http://www.tuftsmarathonchallenge.com/runners/lizziesager

No comments:

Post a Comment